Chart snatches maiden pole at Silverstone
Powell forced into P2 by 0.047s in closely fought session
Enigma Motorsport's Henry Chart narrowly edged out current championship leader Alice Powell to claim his maiden F3 Cup pole by 0.047s during today's (Saturday 27 April) closely fought qualifying session at the Silverstone GP circuit.
In dry, bright conditions, Powell, fresh from her double win at Outlon Park last time out, took an early lead lapping ahead of Chart and Lanan Racing's Alex Craven.
Chart briefly went top at the midway point before Powell, driving for Mark Bailey Racing, re-established herself at the top and the first driver to go under the two minute mark. Chart continued to push though and was duly rewarded by going quickest with one minute remaining with Powell unable to respond on her final lap.
Third-place went the way of Craven ahead of Chris Dittmann Racing's Jeremy Timms and Lanan's Gino Ussi in fifth.
Louis Hamilton-Smith finished sixth from Omicron Motorsport's Tristan Cliffe and Enigma Motorsport's Olly Rae, with Dave Karakas and James Cross, driving for AW Trackspot, rounding out the top 10.
MSVR F3 Cup, Silverstone qualifying, results:
1. Henry Chart, Enigma Motorsport, 1:59.757s
2. Alice Powell, Mark Bailey Racing, +0.047s
3. Alex Craven, Lanan Racing, +0.387s
4. Jeremy Timms, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.643s
5. Gino Ussi, Lanan Racing, +0.991s
6.Louis Hamilton-Smith, +1.139s
7. Tristan Cliffe, Omicron Motorsport, +1.584s
8. Olly Rae, Enigma Motorsport, +3.013s
9. Dave Karakas, Dave Karakas Racing, +3.058s
10.James Cross, AW Tracksport, +3.121s