Comeback Kid shines at soggy Snetterton
The returning Henry Chart showed he hasn't lost his edge by claiming pole position for Race One in Norfolk
Henry Chart showed a confident return to form this morning at a rain-soaked Snetterton, claiming pole position for the first race of the weekend, this afternoon (25 July).
After non-stop rain all night, conditions at the Norfolk venue proved very tricky but Chart was quick from the off, posting consistently faster times throughout the session. Newcomer Canadian Zach Claman de Melo in his Carlin-run Dallara F308 was chasing from the start, posting an outstanding time on his debut just over a second slower than Chart. Championship leader Aaron Steele finished the session securing the third spot on the grid and will be aiming to capitalise on his F3 experience when the race gets underway.
A batch of F3 Cup regulars followed, with Louis Hamilton-Smith, Stuart Wiltshire, Daniel Tapinos and the also-returning Alf Skeels making up the next chunk of the grid. Wiltshire and Tapinos in particular enjoyed a close battle, separated by just 0.616s.
Another new face this weekend, Omicron motorsport's Wade Eastwood, posted a solid 2:17.969 to complete the Cup Class line-up.
The Trophy Class cars of Adrian Holey and James Ledamun were next, followed by this weekend's final new face, Neil Tomlinson in his Mono-spec car.
Race One is scheduled for a 14:20 start, and with the weather still in a very changeable state it should be a very exciting race. Live timing is available via the F3 Cup website with live updates at twitter.com/F3Cup
F3 Cup - Snetterton 300, 25/26 July - Qualifying Results
1. Henry Chart - Dallara F305 - 2:06.258
2. Zach Claman de Melo - Dallara F308 - 2:07.426
3. Aaron Steele - Dallara F307 - 2:09.363
4. Jacopo Sebastiani - Dallara F311 - 2:10.125
5. Louis Hamilton-Smith - Dallara F306 - 2:10.793
6. Stuart Wiltshire - Dallara F308 - 2:12.195
7. Daniel Tapinos - Dallara F311 - 2:12. 811
8. Alf Skeels - Dallara F311 - 2:15.069
9. Wade Eastwood - Dallara F307 - 2:17.969
10. Adrian Holey - Dallara F300 - 2:21.354
11. James Ledamun - Dallara F300 - 2:27.278
12. Neil Tomlinson - Dallara F398